Paid apps distribution - UK

Hi. It seems distribution of paid Google apps (similar to Apple VPP) is only available in the US and Canada. Any idea when it’s coming to the UK? Thanks

Hi @ZK1

I have never tried to buy an application under Managed Google Pay.

From what I have seen so far some applications just do not show up under work play while others do not seem to be setup for “group licence purchases”

Are your findings based on experience or documentation?

Hi. My experience is based on the documentation. I’ll be looking into it further particularly AirWatch documentation etc.

Based on Google documentation here: Find public apps  |  Google Play EMM API  |  Google for Developers

Bulk-purchase apps are currently only available in the U.S. and Canada.

Your best bet would be reaching out to your local Google Android Enterprise team and asking if they can provide more information.

1 Like

Hi
we received direct feedback recently from Google during a MobileIron Partner training. This feature is only availabe in US/Canada and Google does not have the extension to EMEA on the roadmap yet. They are looking for concrete use cases.
So if you know some paid applications that you want to distribute with an EMM (similar to VPP), please create a list and forward it to your favorite EMM vendor - they can forward the information to Google and the responsible for EMEA will be able to do some pushing @Google… It seems to be a challenging topic internally @Google.
Regards
Alex

2 Likes

Looks like paid apps are no longer available at all through managed Google Play

From: Distribute apps  |  Google Play EMM API  |  Google for Developers