Failed to register Google Account Error

Hi,

I’m enrolling Samsung A70 devices with a staging user with QR code mode (or AFW mode), Android Enterprise COPE, (WS1 2001)
I have set All Settings --> Devices & Users --> Android --> Android EMM Registration --> Enrollment Settings --> Work Managed Enrollment Type --> device based.
After 9 devices I get the error “Failed to register Google Account”.
I also tried to create a new staging account and delete the restriction profile, but this time the error appeared on the thirteenth device.
Could it be a connectivity problem?
Or do you think we need a new Android EMM Registration?

Thank you,
Gianmarco

Hi,

Problem here is most likely the Google limitation of max 10 devices per account. Since you are using the same staging user the managed google account on the devices will be identical. Google limits an account to max 10 devices therefore the Google Account registration fails.

//Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for your feedback, for what I know in order to overcome this limitation in Android Enterprise you can set the creation of Google IDs to be separate for each device by setting “Work Managed Enrollment Type → device based”. As indicated here Android Enterprise FAQ | Jason Bayton
Do you have different information based on your experience?

I have noticed that with the same staging user I still enrolled over 10 devices (9 in one day and 9 in another), so you seem to know almost a time based control mechanism, but it is not clear.

Thank you,
Gianmarco