I’ve recently had to configure Android enterprise in XenMobile and found Citrix documentation rather lacking in a few areas.
Configuring Android Enterprise (Android for Work)
- Create a Google account that you will use to setup Android Enterprise
- In your XenMobile server go into Settings - > Android for Work
- Under option 2 click on “Go to XenMobile Tools”
- Log into your Citrix account and Select Option 1 “Go to Google Play”
- Log into the Google account you’ve created in step 1 and click on “Get Started”
- Enter your organisation name and agree to terms and conditions then press confirm
- Press Complete Registration
- Create a passphrase for enterprise.config file and hit download
Upload the enterprise.config into your XenMobile server under option 3
The Android for Work configuration should be done
Preparing for Device Enrolment
Now that Android Enterprise (AfW) is setup you need to create some basic configuration and publish some applications.
Create an Android for Work passcode policy and publish it to the delivery group that will be deployed to your user
To prepare applications first you need log into https://play.google.com/work/ with your Google account in step 1.
Search for the application you wish to make available in the work profile and hit approve.
All your approved applications should be visible under “My managed apps”
Now we need to make the application available to the user in XenMobile.
In your XenMobile console navigate to Configure -> Apps and add a new Public App Store app.
Select Android for Work and search for your app, if you cannot find it hit “Didn’t find the app you were looking for?” and enter the Play Store for Work URL i.e. https://play.google.com/work/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.word
Publish the app to a delivery group your user will be a member of.
On the device install Secure Hub and proceed with enrolment, if using samaccountname for LDAP lookups enter domainname\username
You will be prompted to setup your Android Enterprise profile
Once setup and enrolment is complete (you’ve set a Secure Hub PIN if applicable etc) you should applications in “Work mode”
Going into Work Play Store will show you the applications that you’ve published to the user
More information is available here:
Citrix documentation - https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenmobile/server/provision-devices/android-for-work.html
Citrix blog - https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/08/10/android-for-work-v2/
Android Enterprise - https://www.android.com/intl/enterprise/