We’ve come across issues with users being unable to reply to or forward emails on older Samsung devices.
Symptoms: When user tries to send, reply or forward email they see “loading message” screen indefinitely.
Cause: This issue is caused by an automatic WebView update (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en) on older Samsung devices running Android 6.0.1 or below.
Models we’ve seen impacted so far:
- Samsung Galaxy A5 - https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5-6761.php
- Samsung Galaxy A3 - https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a3-6762.php
- Samsung Galaxy S5 - https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php
Disable WebView on the device
- Application Manager
- More —> Show system Apps
- Find Android System Webview
- Disable this. It might ask to use factory settings, say yes to this.
- Keep Disabled.
Links to the issue: