The new agent is available only on Windows 10 devices.
New “VMware AirWatch Agent” published to the Windows store is a new Universal application that can be installed on all SKUs of Windows 10. The new agent has been tested and verified on Windows 10
Desktop and Windows 10 Mobile by the AirWatch Product Team.
Old “AirWatch MDM Agent” apps which is currently on Windows Store is only available & visible, to Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 desktops. New “VMware AirWatch Agent” is hidden for these versions.
Users who had the Phone 8.1 and Desktop 8.1 applications installed on their devices and upgraded to Windows 10 will still be able to use the old applications.
Windows 8.1 AirWatch Agent Users
Customers who wish to continue using the current Windows 8.1 AirWatch Agent on Windows 8.1 can do so without any disruption to the usage of the application.Once the device upgrades to Windows 10, the device supports downloading the new agent. Both the new agent and the old agent can exist on the device,but AirWatch recommends deleting the old agent.
Windows 10 Agent Users
Customers who wish to use the new agent on Windows 10 Desktop must take the following steps:
Enrolled Device Download
- The new Universal Agent from the store.Enter
- The username and password to authenticate into the agent. This is required as the one time access token will have expired.
- Wait until the new agent configures.
- Delete the older agent.
New Enrollment Download
- The new Universal Agent from the store.
- Launch the app and begin enrollment.
- The agent opens the Work Access settings to begin enrollment.
- The agent will be auto-configured.
Implications for Customers on Windows Phone:
NOTE: Windows 10 Mobile is supported on AirWatch version 8.2 GA and above. For versions below this, the new Agent will not auto-configure and will require Server URL, GroupID and credentials.